Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Blog #1: Your Abilities as a Writer

As a writer, I usually take my writings very seriously. I utalize the time I have to complete my piece of work. While I am working on it, I frequently read through what I already have done so I know how it is flowing. I will often print what I have written and have someone read it for me to make sure that it makes sense not only to me but to other people, also. As long as it makes sense and flows to them, I will continue to write as I had been. If the writing doesn't flow as well as I thought it should, I will go back and see what I can do to make it flow together. Because of this, I am pretty confident about my writing ability. I believe that I handle my writings very well to make sure that I get them done to my full capabilities. My main strength is grammar. I have always been good with grammar and tend to be able to pick out my own mistakes in writing. My main weakness is not knowing how to start or end writings. Once I get going, I can just go, but if I am stuck on the introduction or the closing paragraph, I have no idea what to do. I really think that I need to work on that.

I think that we should working on opening and closing essays and writings. It isn't something that has really been stressed over the years so not very many people actually know or understand how to do that. All we have really talked about in previous English classes is how to write the body paragraphs and not the beginning and end of the writings. As for questions about the class, I really do not have any. It has been explained very well and I understand the gist of what we are supposed to be doing.

1 comment:

  1. RE-reading and proofreading are good strategies to use, and it's something that should be done with every major writing assignment.

    When you say that it needs to flow, what exactly are you referring to? Do you mean the wording or the message?

    We'll try and work on how to craft effective introductions and conclusions.

    10/10

    ReplyDelete