Sunday, August 25, 2013

Blog #3: Personal Experience Essay

Choosing two options for a personal experience essay that could be used is very difficult. The only thing I can really think of is that I could write about my dad adopting me, but since I was very young when this happened, I do not remember anything about the process. Nothing other than that has really impacted my life or made me who I am today. 
Ideas for my dad adopting me would be how I found out and how it all happened. Because of me being such a young child when it all happened, it would probably be in my best interest that I write about when I found out that he adopted me. Although I could write about when I found out about it, it would be much more sentimental if I wrote about when he adopted me and when we went through that process. This event really has shaped me into the person I am today because without him, I wouldn't have learned a lot of the values that I have in me now.

1 comment:

  1. I would agree that this is a good topic to write about. The story could start with you finding out and then flash back to a story of how he went through with finding out. Then it could go back to explain how your father has positively impacted your life and the importance of his decision to adopt you. This story and its affect on your life is a story waiting to be told. There are many other people that would empathize with that situation.

    Think about how you might draw in your other readers that might not be able necessarily relate with the experience of adoption.

    ReplyDelete